No matter how safely you drive on the roads of Atlanta, there is no guarantee you will never get involved in a mishap. Following a car accident, you have a bunch of things to manage, especially if the mishap was a result of someone’s negligent action. Before you take any major steps, it is absolutely important to consult an Atlanta car accident lawyer to know your claim better. Here is an overview of what an attorney can do for you.
- Review the claim: Who is responsible for the accident? Are you partly liable for the same? What is the expected settlement? When you meet an accident lawyer for the first time, they will try and offer an overview of the case. They will also discuss their expertise and what they bring to the table.
- Investigate the accident. You cannot expect the insurance company to work for you. Yes, the company will do an investigation, but it has nothing to do with paying a fair settlement. Your accident lawyer is in charge of investigating the case, gathering all details, including a copy of the police report, taking witness statements, and much more.
- Gather experts. Depending on the nature of the mishap, a lawyer may have to work with experts to add heft to the claim. It is common for attorneys to work with accident reconstruction specialists and medical experts to gather statements and information to prove the worth of your claim. Medical experts can offer insights into your injuries.
- Negotiate the claim. The worth of your claim is dependent on many factors, but with an attorney on your side, you don’t need to talk to the insurance company directly. Your accident lawyer will negotiate on your behalf, discuss the final compensation, and help avoid common insurance tactics.
- Handle the paperwork. If you are someone who has never filed an injury claim in Georgia, you may not understand the legalese, and it becomes even more critical to have a lawyer on your side. Your attorney is responsible for all the legal work biographyer.
- File a lawsuit. While you would want to avoid a trial for the time and expenses involved, you may need to take that step. Hiring an accident lawyer ensures that you are ready to go to court when the case demands.
Get an experienced and reliable accident lawyer for your claim immediately and fix an appointment to discuss the facts.