What Is Insurance For Electric Vehicles?
The next big thing will be electric cars, and as their market share increases, so will the number of people purchasing insurance for electric vehicles. Consequently, electric car insurance offers financial support if the policyholder’s electric automobile suffers an unexpected loss or damage.
You wish to receive coverage when any unanticipated loss or damage occurs when you purchase an electric vehicle insurance plan. You should be able to submit a car insurance claim to obtain compensation for the damage. Take the actions outlined below:
- Inform Your Insurer: First and foremost, inform your insurer about the incident and the car’s damage. Just inform them whether it was an accident or a natural disaster.
- Take pictures: You can click pictures of the damaged vehicle with your smartphone. This can be retained as proof for potential future use. It will also assist with your online claim-raising.
- Keep Paperwork Prepared: Start gathering the documentation you must submit with the claim form as soon as you inform the insurer.
- Inspection: The insurer will dispatch an inspector to compare the cost of repairs to the damages after being intimidated. The insured electric vehicle will be taken to a network garage for repairs post the survey.
- Compensation: After the claim procedure starts, the insurer will pay for repairing or replacing the electric car’s damaged part to be sent directly to the network garage. In case of a reimbursement claim, you will get your money back following the repairs.
How Do I Renew My Online Electric Car Insurance?
The duration of the insurance for electric vehicles is one to three years. To continue receiving coverage under the insurance policy, you must renew the plan before it expires. Here is the procedures to renew your online electric vehicle insurance.
Step 1: Visit the official insurance provider’s website.
Step 2: Enter the number of your electric vehicle.
Step 3: Enter your electric car’s information, including the RTO model and the year of registration.
Step 4: Fill out the provided registration form.
Step 5: Pick the desired electric vehicle insurance plan from the available options.
Step 6: You can add or remove any add-on depending on your needs.
Step 7: If an add-on is added, the insurance premium will go up; if an add-on is removed, the insurance premium will go down. ##
Step 8: Look out for the “Payment and Summary” option and click it.
Step 9: Here, it will show the revised insurance premium cost.
Step 10: You can use a debit/credit card, UPI, or net banking to pay online.
Step 11: After the payment, you will receive the Electric Car Insurance Policy paperwork on your registered email ID.
Raising a claim under electric car insurance requires a systematic approach and understanding of the insurance policy. As electric vehicles continue to gain popularity, it is crucial for owners to be familiar with the specific guidelines and procedures for filing a claim.
All savings are provided by the insurer as per the IRDAI-approved insurance plan. Standard T&C apply
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.